Thursday, May 28, 2009

Putting my money where my mouth is

So: I spoke about changes to this blog. When I started out in January I wrote about my goals. I wanted to write shorter posts more often, posts that were not just about what I did where, but were also reflections. essays, musings, jokes. Obviously, traveling the way I have has gotten in the way of that, but it doesn't mean the ideal has disappeared.

Thence come these changes, which I hope will put me back on the road to that blogging ideal. What changes, you ask? Here's what I have in mind:

I think we can all agree that catch-up has bogged me down and has to take a backseat to current action. At this point I am more than 5 countries--countries full of amazing adventures, crazy obstacles, and lots of new friends--behind. Thus, from this point on I will blog mostly in the present tense, as things happen, and add catch-up entries as often as I can. Those entries will have titles that include the header "FLASHBACK." It will make chronology on this blog a little bit more difficult to follow, but I will do my best to include dates in order to help everyone along. 

I don't know how easy the next goal will be, given that in my current location (India) internet access is often hard to find. But: I'm also hoping to include more short, casual entries, in the vein of the quick notes I posted in January from Australia. If possible I will also include a regular "FLASH FORWARD" feature-- a picture from the coming entries, one of the lamost 5000 pictures I've taken in the last five months. I have some beautiful things to show you.

No comments: