Sunday, June 14, 2009

A quick word from Indira Ghandi International Airport-- Definitely Doing It Again

When my friend Ali got back from India her first trip she told me that she had met other travellers who claimed that "I-N-D-I-A" stands for I'm Never Doing It Again. Well, it hasn't been easy (although of course I never expected that) and in some ways, specifically having to do with time limits, it was disappointing-- these are factors that I will look forward to exploring in future entries. But it was fascinating, too, vibrant and beautiful and utterly different. I participated in a wedding, I saw the Ganga Arati in Haridwar (a ritual for goddess Ganga of the river involving thousands of people), I bathed fully clothed in the Ganges, I took a 22 hour jeep ride through remote Jammu & Kashmir, and I visited a stunningly beautiful lake 2/3 of which is in Tibet. 

I can't wait to tell (and show) all of it to you. And I will definitely be coming back, wiser than I was and for longer than I had this time.

For now I have an hour to kill until my flight to Amman, Jordan. After 4 months I am leaving Asia and moving west to something entirely different. As always, a new adventure awaits.

No comments: