Thursday, January 22, 2009

Riding the Sunlander

Sunlander is, awesomely, the name of the train that runs from Brisbane to Cairns (about 36 hours all told.) I am about to board a train to Airlie Beach, also known as gateway to the beautiful Whitsunday Islands. Got stuck in Bundaberg today, the past few days have been rather rough in comparison to the paradise of smooth sailing before. But you wouldn't know about that because I've been so bad about blogging. Well, I have an 11 hour train ride ahead to prepare blog entries to be uploaded... someday.

Tomorrow I very well may snorkel the Great Barrier Reef! Also, I will stay with an Aborigine, which should be interesting. Also, today I got taken to a rather odd Australian's house. He showed me his many tropical birds, and then his house, which was covered with tropical bird paintings and prints. I like meeting odd characters. This one's name was Gus.

More soon. Promise.

Edit: Lucky you, my train is late. That means I'll work on my San Francisco post.

No comments: