Thursday, June 28, 2007

Final Picture Post (For the Time Being): Lanping

After this comes some real live text/narrative! I've finally caught the pictures up to where I left off, in Liuku! Hallelujah! So, last step: the first week and a half of my ISP (Independent Study Project), in Lanping, China:

Some lovely countryside where I was stranded for an hour and a half while waiting for an accident to be cleared off the tiny road on the way to Lanping


A dragon gate at a temple near Lanping


View from the top of the temple


Lanping isn't so much in a valley as it is plunked down between two mountains


Dancing in the square


Some of my Lanping friends


Young Bai child on a Lanping street


Children playing on a waterfall in Lanping park


Pumi women in Lanping park


Bai woman working in the Lanping marketplace


A bowl of chicken feet at the market place


Tania with the little mountain of junk food we took on our picnic


View from mid-stream in the little river I fell into on our picnic


Playing "bu shi" at the teahouse


Lanping at night

No comments: