Sunday, June 24, 2007

Picture Post 7: My Sideng Homestay and the Friday Market

We spent 4 days in Sideng, Shaxi valley several hours outside of Dali:
(Also, a note about current blogging practices: as I will be leaving to head back to Nujiang within the next few days, I'm currently trying to get as many pictures up as possible. If people would prefer I return to an at least partly narrative approach before I'm back in Nujiang, I'm perfectly willing. Just leave me a comment by clicking on the postcard link below, or drop me an email)

Really not doing the view of the Shaxi valley justice on the hike down Shibaoshan


The inn where I stayed in my "rural" homestay in Sideng




My Bai host parents


The traditional compound Mike and John stayed in in Sideng


"I you'sed a ho this morning!"-- working in the fields with John's host dad


The Sideng Friday market, against a dramatic backdrop


Faces at the market








Mmmm, fresh snake


My photographic obsession with Yi minority people








Beautiful children of undetermined minority descent at the market


No comments: